Sanan myth käännös englanti-suomi
- myyttiOikeusvarmuus on myytti ja illuusio. Legal certainty is a myth and an illusion. Toiseksi on myytti, joka koskee valvontaa. Secondly, there is the myth concerning enforcement. Ensinnäkin on myytti, joka koskee hallinnollista työtä. Firstly, there is the myth concerning administrative work.
- uskomusUskomus voi perustua havaintoon tai intuitioon.Vanhan uskomuksen mukaan pääsky tuo kesän.
Sanan myth määritelmät
- A traditional story which embodies a belief regarding some fact or phenomenon of experience, and in which often the forces of nature and of the soul are personified; a sacred narrative regarding a god, a hero, the origin of the world or of a people, etc
- A commonly-held but false belief, a common misconception; a fictitious or imaginary person or thing; a popular conception about a real person or event which exaggerates or idealizes reality
- A person or thing held in excessive or quasi-religious awe or admiration based on popular legend
- A person or thing existing only in imagination, or whose actual existence is not verifiable
- Myth was the product of mans emotion and imagination, acted upon by his surroundings. (E. Clodd, Myths & Dreams (1885), 7, cited after OED
- Scientists debunk the myth that gum stays in the human stomach for seven years.
- Father Flanagan was legendary, his institution an American myth. (Tucson (Arizona) Citizen, 20 September 1979, 5A/3, cited after OED