Sanan recess käännös englanti-suomi
Sanan recess määritelmät
- A break, pause or vacation
- An inset, hole, space or opening
- A time of play during the school day, usually on a playground; break or break time, less commonly breaktime
- A decree of the imperial diet of the old German empire
- A withdrawing or retiring; a moving back; retreat
- The state of being withdrawn; seclusion; privacy
- A place of retirement, retreat, secrecy, or seclusion
- A secret or abstruse part
- A sinus
- To inset into something, or to recede
- To take or declare a break
- To appoint, with a recess appointment
- To make a recess in. Webster 1913--
- Remote, distant (in time or place
- Spring recess offers a good chance to travel.
- Put a generous recess behind the handle for finger space.
- Students who do not listen in class will not play outside during recess.
- the recess of the tides
- the difficulties and recesses of science
- Wow, look at how that gargoyle recesses into the rest of architecture.
- Recess the screw so it does not stick out.
- This court shall recess for its normal two hour lunch now.
- Class will recess for 20 minutes.
- to recess a wall
- Thomas Salusbury: Galileos Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems: I should think it best in the subsequent discourses to begin to examine whether the Earth be esteemed immoveable, as it hath been till now believed by most men, or else moveable, as some ancient Philosophers held, and others of not very recesse times were of opinion;