Sanan skid käännös englanti-suomi
Sanan skid määritelmät
- An out-of-control sliding motion as would result from applying the brakes too hard in a car
- A shoe or clog, as of iron, attached to a chain, and placed under the wheel of a wagon to prevent its turning when descending a steep hill; a drag; a skidpan
- A piece of timber or other material used as a support, or to receive pressure
- To slide in an uncontrolled manner as in a car with the brakes applied too hard
- To protect or support with a skid or skids
- To check or halt with a skid
- A stepchild
- Just before hitting the guardrail the driver was able to regain control and pull out of the skid.
- In the hours before daylight he sharpened the skids and tightened the lashings to prepare for the long dogsled journey.
- Due to frequent arctic travel, the plane was equipped with long skids for snow and ice landings.
- He unloaded six skids of boxes from the truck.
- They skidded around the corner and accelerated up the street.