Sanan snag käännös englanti-suomi
Sanan snag määritelmät
- A stump or base of a branch that has been lopped off; a short branch, or a sharp or rough branch; a knot; a protuberance
- Any sharp protuberant part of an object, which may catch, scratch, or tear other objects brought into contact with it
- A tree, or a branch of a tree, fixed in the bottom of a river or other navigable water, and rising nearly or quite to the surface, by which boats are sometimes pierced and sunk
- A pulled thread or yarn, as in cloth
- To catch or tear upon a rough surface or projection
- To damage or sink by collision; said of a tree or branch fixed to the bottom of a navigable body of water and partially submerged or rising to just beneath the surface
- To fish by means of dragging a large hook or hooks on a line, intending to impale the body of the target
- To obtain or pick up (something
- To stealthily steal with legerdemain prowess (something
- To cut the snags or branches from, as the stem of a tree; to hew roughly
- A light meal
- A goal
- A misnaged, an opponent to Chassidic Judaism (more likely modern, for cultural reasons
- Be careful not to snag your stockings on that concrete bench!
- The steamboat was snagged on the Mississippi River in 1862.
- We snagged for spoonbill from the eastern shore of the Mississippi River.
- Ella snagged a bottle of water from the fridge before leaving for her jog.
- The smiling little girl snagged her phone while performing a dance; but now was far-off among the crowd.