Sanan stave käännös englanti-suomi
Sanan stave määritelmät
- One of a number of narrow strips of wood, or narrow iron plates, placed edge to edge to form the sides, covering, or lining of a vessel or structure; especially, one of the strips which form the sides of a cask, a pail, etc
- A metrical portion; a stanza; a staff
- The five horizontal and parallel lines on and between which musical notes are written or pointed; the staff
- A sign, symbol or sigil, including rune or rune-like characters, used in Icelandic magic
- To break in the staves of; to break a hole in; to burst. Often with ''in''
- To push, as with a staff. With ''off''
- To delay by force or craft; to drive away. Often with ''off''
- To burst in pieces by striking against something
- To walk or move rapidly
- To furnish with staves or rundles
- To render impervious or solid by driving with a calking iron
- to stave in a cask
- to stave off the execution of a project
- to stave lead, or the joints of pipes into which lead has been run