Sanan stave käännös englanti-suomi
Sanan stave määritelmät
- One of a number of narrow strips of wood, or narrow iron plates, placed edge to edge to form the sides, covering, or lining of a vessel or structure; especially, one of the strips which form the sides of a cask, a pail, etc
- One of the bars or rounds of a rack, rungs of a ladder, etc; one of the cylindrical bars of a lantern wheel
- The five horizontal and parallel lines on and between which musical notes are written or pointed; the staff
- A sign, symbol or sigil, including rune or rune-like characters, used in Icelandic magic
- To fit or furnish with staves or rundles.
- To break in the staves of; to break a hole in; to burst.
- To push, or keep off, as with a staff.
- To delay by force or craft; to drive away
- To burst in pieces by striking against something
- To walk or move rapidly
- To suffer, or cause to be lost by breaking the cask
- To render impervious or solid by driving with a calking iron
- to stave in a cask
- We ate grass in an attempt to stave off our hunger.
- to stave lead, or the joints of pipes into which lead has been run