Sanan hämätä käännös suomi-englanti
- bluffThat is only bluff, or a bluffJohns bet was a bluff: he bet without even so much as a pairJohn bluffed by betting without even a pair
- baffleI am baffled by the contradictions and omissions in the instructionsA ship baffles with the windsTanker trucks use baffles to keep the liquids inside from sloshing around
- confuseDo not let those T-shirts confuse you. Älkää antako noiden T-paitojen hämätä itseänne. Let us not become confused over terminology - the report we have adopted is more about finding new labour resources than about solidarity. Älkäämme antako terminologian hämätä itseämme - nyt hyväksymässämme mietinnössä on kyse ennemminkin uusien työvoimaresurssien löytämisestä kuin solidaarisuudesta. People who say "hola" to Italians are confusing Italian with Spanish.
- divertThe workers diverted the stream away from the roadDont let him divert your attention; keep your eye on the ball
- humThey could hear a hum coming from the kitchen, and found the dishwasher on.We are humming happily along with the musicto hum a tune
- jiveDon’t try to jive me! I know where you were last night!You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life; ooh, see that girl, watch that scene, diggin the dancing queen! (ABBA, "Dancing QueenDon’t give me that jive. I know where you were last night.
- stickThe beavers dam was made out of sticksI found several good sticks in the brush heapWhat do you call a boomerang that wont come back? A stick