Sanan hiljentää käännös suomi-englanti
- mutePlease mute the music while I make a call
- silenceNobody is venturing to reprimand or silence them. Kukaan ei yritä nuhdella tai hiljentää heitä. It is the aim of the Iranian Government to silence all opposition once and for all both inside and outside the country. Iranin hallituksen päämääränä on kertakaikkisesti hiljentää koko oppositio niin Iranin sisällä kuin sen ulkopuolella. In practice it gives the government the right to silence and to detain both the actual and suspected representatives of the opposition. Käytännössä se takaa maan hallitukselle oikeuden hiljentää ja pidättää sekä varsinaisia että epäiltyjä opposition edustajia.
- appeaseto appease the tumult of the oceanThey appeased the angry gods with burnt offerings
- choke offto choke off a speaker by uproar
- ease upI suggest that you ease up a bit at work. Youre getting stressed out.You should ease up on your son. Youre putting too much pressure on him.He came hurtling round the corner, but quickly eased up when he saw Jane standing there.
- muffleto muffle the strings of a drum, or that part of an oar which rests in the rowlock
- quietI cant hear the music; it is too quietthe sea was quieta quiet night at home
- shut upYou are talking so loud that I cant hear the music – would you mind shutting up?He was blathering on about something, but I managed to shut him upI got accepted to Yale! – Shut up, really? Thats awesome!
- turn downHe turned down all our offers of help.Turn down the television so I can hear myself think.When it starts to boil, turn down the heat to a simmer.
Sanan hiljentää määritelmät