Sanan hitunen käännös suomi-englanti
usI have the ace of diamonds.
- drama dram of brandy
usI needed a hint to complete the crosswordHe gave me a hint that my breath smeltThere was a hint of irony in his voice
usAs a Greek numeral, iota represents ten.There are twelve iotas on that page.
- jotHe didnt care a jot for his work.Tell me your order, so I can jot it down.
- motea wardmote in the city of Londona folk mote
usJane went on the pill when she left for college.She got pregnant one month after going off the pill.Pilling is a skill rarely used by modern pharmacists.
usThe Congress debated the finer points of the billThere comes a point in a marathon when some people give upAt this point in the meeting, Id like to propose a new item for the agenda
- shredThere isnt a shred of evidence to support his claims.
usWould you like some more cake? — Ill have a smidgen.Move it a smidgen to the right.
- snipI dont want you to take much hair off; just snip my mullet off.That wholesale lot on eBay was a snip at $10
usa tiny speck of sootHe has not a speck of moneypaper specked by impurities in the water used in its manufacture
usIf you touch her, Ill kill youHe quickly touched his knee to the worn marble.The demonstrator nearly touched the rod on the ball.
usYou must not trifle with her affections.
- whitHe worked tirelessly to collect and wind a ball of string eight feet around, and it matters not one whit.
usTill she, oercome with anguish, shame, and rage, Danged down to hell her loathsome carriage - Christopher Marlowe
usWe stored a thousand tons of grain for the wintera grain of wheatgrains of oat
- hair's breadthWe won by a hairs breadth.He missed me by a hairs breadth when he ran past me yesterday.They came within a hairs breadth of contacting electrified water.
us"Dont move an inch!"Fearful of falling, he inched along the window ledge.
usI do not scruple to admit that all the Earth seeth but only half of the Moon
usYour cell phone company can put a trace on your lineAll of our chocolates may contain traces of nutsHe carefully traced the outlines of the old building before him.