Sanan poise käännös englanti-suomi
Sanan poise määritelmät
- Weight; an amount of weight, the amount something weighs
- The weight, or mass of metal, used in weighing, to balance the substance weighed
- A state of balance, equilibrium or stability
- Composure; freedom from embarrassment or affectation
- A condition of hovering, or being suspended
- To hang in equilibrium; to be balanced or suspended; hence, to be in suspense or doubt
- To counterpoise; to counterbalance
- To be of a given weight; to weigh.
- To hold or something else in equilibrium; to balance, counterpose.
- To hold in equilibrium, to hold balanced and ready; to carry ready to be used.
- To keep in equilibrium; to hold suspended or balanced.
- To ascertain, as if by balancing; to weigh
- I poised the crowbar in my hand, and waited.
- to poise the scales of a balance
- The rock was poised precariously on the edge of the cliff.